Bear House Mountain Guiding was founded in 2016 by Co-Owners Derek and Susan DeBruin. After over a decade of adventuring together, the husband-wife team found Ogden, Utah to be an epicenter for outdoor adventure, featuring some of the best rock climbing and backcountry skiing that the Wasatch Range has to offer.
BHMG supports guide training and certification through the American Mountain Guides Association. This ensures our clients benefit from a high standard for quality, safety, knowledge, and instruction.
It is the mission of Bear House Mountain Guiding to be the leader in climber and skier education here in the Wasatch.
It is our vision that Bear House Mountain Guiding will be the first choice of climbers and skiers in Utah. We will consistently strive to meet our clients where they are in their climbing or skiing, whether beginner or expert. We will knowledgeably facilitate experiences by safely encouraging our clients to strive for their goals, whatever they may be. We will actively contribute to the outdoor community that has nurtured us. We will value safety, education, service, inclusivity, and stewardship.
As seen on:
- How to Choose a Climbing or Ski Guide, Indie Ogden
- Ogden-based Bear House Mountain Guiding offers climbing and backcountry ski guide service, Standard-Examiner
- Derek DeBruin on the The Banyan Collective podcast
- Susan DeBruin on The Banyan Collective podcast
- Find Bear House Mountain Guiding on TripAdvisor and Facebook